NC 30 decent touch up paint available?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sportbikerider78

Minister of Fire
Jun 23, 2014
Saratoga, NY
I have a small spot on the top of my 1 yr old stove that has flaked off. I'm not blaming the stove because I had a small leak in my roof flashing that let some water in on a few occasions on this exact spot.

What do you guys suggest for touch up paint? I want it to match stock as much as possible.
Call the manufacturer?

Thanks!

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
I bought a can of high temp flat black at lowes for mine and it matched up perfectly.

Yeah their shipping charges have always been a mess.

Rattle can high heat bbq grill flat black.
Rattle can exhaust header coating/ paint.

I'm called Cheap fer a reason. LOL

Ok thanks guys. I'll just repaint the entire top to match the spots if I need to.

Thanks

Just like car paint, stove paint fades with time. You'll want to paint the whole top to match. Not just one spot.

Buy a can of flat black stove bright from your hearth shop. It will last a long long time for touch ups. It covers much better and last longer than the crap from big box stores.

Reactions: CheapBassTurd
My 30 is rusting around the flue collar ,ill need to sand it and paint it soon.

Reactions: wpgibson
Thank you web36,

I have some graying too, and even being Cheap, we don't want our house full of
band aid repairs, especially as the hearth area is becoming the centerpiece of the home.

Unless it's 20 bucks a can. LOLOL

Thank you web36,

I have some graying too, and even being Cheap, we don't want our house full of
band aid repairs, especially as the hearth area is becoming the centerpiece of the home.

Unless it's 20 bucks a can. LOLOL
We sell flat black for about $9 a can.

Status
Not open for further replies.