NC30 side heat shields

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an NC30 third year burning, Went through a few stoves finding the right one. NC13 not enough, Downdraft stove touchy to run, How much do the side heat shield cut down the intense radiant heat coming off the sides. I have 1600+ ft with 30 feet to the peak and 12 foot side walls so it's bigger area than it sounds in terms of airspace. I kept comfortable last year with smaller loads but 10-15 feet from sides seems to have a much higher temp. Would the shields knock down some of the radiant heat? Advice welcome

They only cover half of the sides of the firebox so they probably won't do what you are looking for. Mine are all the way inside the fireplace so I can't testify to how much they cut down the radiant heat. They have to cut it down a good bit based on the volume of hot air that rises out of them.

they might get some air moving and redirected up toward the ceiling fan that are up about 24'. I think that might help!! Thanks BB again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.