NE1 actually getting the 8 hour burn time that regency advertises?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most advertised burn times are hype-o-thetical marketing nonsense. Go by the cu ft capacity of the stove for a more realistic estimate.

There is a difference between burn times and productive burn times. If the stove is 200 degrees that's not productive. Yes it's still burning but not really heating the house. It depends how long your productive burn time is depending on how cold it's outside and how hot you want it in the house. The better the wood the longer the fire.

I agree with Smokey, I can still dig up glowing ambers after 12 hours, so technically, it's still "burning". I think the claim is that it's still productive because the stones inside are still storing heat and pumping it into the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.