Neat trick when sitting a pellet stove on a tile hearth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
Took my new (to us) Advantage II T apart and removed the stove body from the base.

The stove may have been handled rough once upon a time and it would not sit flat on the tile hearth.

There was some rocking around that I did not like.

I turned the base over and found some broken welds and that the front sheet metal of the base was tweeked slightly.

After rewelding the base and adding a couple stiffeners things were better but still not up to what I wanted.

The tile hearth is also not absolutley flat, so I decided to install several strips of 3/8" wide self stick closed cell foam weather strip.

Did this on all the bearing areas and then sat the base back on the hearth.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH yeah buddy.
Stove sits nice a firm now with no rocking at all.

The Whitfield base is a little light as far as I am concerned.

Ya dont need 1/4" plate but the way this one is made left a tad to be desired.

The little foam strips were all that was needed to even out the bearing surfaces.

Snowy

I had the same problem when I installed my Quad. The Quad was not out of shape but the tile was not even and caused a small amount of wiggle. Thw Quad is supposed to come with 4 leveling screws but since I bought the stove used they were not there. I ended up using 4 round pads that were designed to be stuck onto the bottom of furniture legs. They worked well.

Bkins

This was the first time that I have had a pellet stove that would not sit level.

I have two quads and they dont have screws. Hmmmm maybe the company has added those in later years.

Mine were both purchased in 94 so the leveling screws may be a newer addition.

The sticky goodies does the trick for sure.

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.