need a bigger fireplace!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rowerwet

Minister of Fire
I think that is what is needed here, reminds me of my mom talking about her grandfather back in Lithuania, he would bring in whole trees and feed them into the fireplace as they burned.

Attachments

• 129064130987325461.jpg
    129064130987325461.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 413
My money is on the stump haha

That is redonkulous!

My buddy had a beautiful fireplace in his house that his father built. I remember sitting around it w/ him a few years back (prolly about a 6 pack into the evening each) when we decided to max that bad boy out w/ a log that neither of us could come close to getting our arms around. I'd say it took us about 6-8 beers each before we dared leave it unattended as he didn't have andirons but rather the metal cage / basket deal at the bottom of the fireplace. If that sucker ever rolled out all we could have done is whack it w/ a fire extinguisher.

Not the smartest thing to do, but it was enjoyable in some primal, foolish, ogre, type way that satisfied us for a few hours while growing more and more intoxicated.

pen

rowerwet said:
I think that is what is needed here, reminds me of my mom talking about her grandfather back in Lithuania, he would bring in whole trees and feed them into the fireplace as they burned.

Well, if the fire gets out of control, break tape...

129048794992903799.jpg

for more zany-ness look up thereIfixedit.com.

rowerwet said:
for more zany-ness look up thereIfixedit.com.

One of my favorite web sites!

Landlord at a previous house before bought our own told of a tenant that was burning a huge 12 foot 8 X 8 beam. He showed up. One end was in the stove the other was out the front door.

and for all you forced hot air users

Attachments

• 129066790425164205.jpg
    129066790425164205.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 148
Status
Not open for further replies.