Need a chainsaw? Clueless.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The absolute fastest way to trim splits and cut poles to length is an H-Frame sawbuck. I just loaded mine up last week with some 4-6ft poles for the first time. Within 2-3 minutes of it being loaded, I had dozens of rounds cut to length, ready to stack or split.

I have a video of me trimming splits with it. It is much faster than even a chop saw to process those in batches as well.

That's a lot of prep to make that one run. Cool none the less.

That's a lot of prep to make that one run. Cool none the less.
It's not so bad. Faster than cutting one at a time if you have a lot to do at once. If you get a long one once every armload or so, toss the long ones in the sawbuck and cut when it's full. If we're talking half a dozen splits per cord then chop saw is the answer.

It's not so bad. Faster than cutting one at a time if you have a lot to do at once. If you get a long one once every armload or so, toss the long ones in the sawbuck and cut when it's full. If we're talking half a dozen splits per cord then chop saw is the answer.

Does don't seem it could be any quicker. Your still handling each piece in tithe same manor just cutting abode and reload. Put a stop. Block on a chop saw times should be pretty close.

I just think ,use the right tool for the job, chainsaw, and multiple cuts at once makes sense.
A cheep chop saw maybe but , I'm not throwing down firewood on my finely tuned miter saws in my wood shop

Reactions: pyroholic
Status
Not open for further replies.