Need A Fasco PT# 12126009 Exhaust Blower Motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R-G

Dec 13, 2012
Central Ct
Mine is on its way out, ive searched the net but come up empty for that particular pt number, all I find is new stuff that requires plug adaptors, don't want to go that route. If someone can point me in the right direction I would really really appreciate it. Thanks

Fasco pt# 12126009

Probably because the old style does not exist anymore.The adaper is seven dollars and maintains the warrenty on new motor.Do not see a problem here.

Mountain View Hearth Products has your blower motor. It just shows the motor with the plug adapter. This is the motor only without the housing. It even shows the part number you listed. $165.00.

http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/Whitfield-Exhaust-Blower-Motor-p/pp7600.htm

I bought an extra combustion motor for my '94 Breckwell years ago. It had Whitfield on the box but it will fit if I ever need to replace my original. It also came with a plug. All of my connectors on my harness are blade connectors. I looked at the male and female connectors and IIRC one is a #12 and the other is a #16. Which is which I don't recall at the moment. I bought a package of each connector at the local hardware store. My plan was to cut the plug off and attach (crimp) one of each connector to the wires on the motor. Just an option for ya.

Here is a link to the adapter Bob Bare mentioned.

http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/Convection-and-Exhaust-Blower-Wire-Adaptor-p/pp3000.htm

Good luck

Thanks for the links, maybe I will have to replace the whole blower unit as there are no bolt holes to just bolt up a new motor like the one on the link pic?
This is what I have now, doesn't look anything like the newer stuff.

blr.jpg

This is the Fasco home page
http://www.fasco.com/
Recheck you number on the motor plate
and do a search of there site
Good luck

This is the Fasco home page
http://www.fasco.com/
Recheck you number on the motor plate
and do a search of there site
Good luck

Thanks, i have checked the site before, all it shows is newer stuff, will probably have to go that route and upgrade my stove.

You will need to change your blower housing,has never been upgraded.Call/look at-Wood heat stoves and solar, part #10-1113-epp or 12056010.

Picking up the updated blower housing with motor today, hopefully in a few hours it will be purring like a kitten and getting the air its been needing.

Back up and running after an hours worth of work, stove hasn't run this good since i bought it 2 yrs ago. Re-set it to the specs per manual, amazing how good it runs now with the proper amount of air
going through it!

DSCF3377_zps940ff96b.jpg

That pressure switch is interesting! Never saw that before. Is it used to detect that the blower is working or is it used to detect too much back pressure from a plugged vent system? Just looking to get educated.

That pressure switch is interesting! Never saw that before. Is it used to detect that the blower is working or is it used to detect too much back pressure from a plugged vent system? Just looking to get educated.
Nice job stay warm.They used a pressure switch in line with the auger,if it sees too much back pressure in exhaust it opens and shuts off auger.Strange.

Nice job stay warm.They used a pressure switch in line with the auger,if it sees too much back pressure in exhaust it opens and shuts off auger.Strange.
Strange but interesting and logical to stop the fire if you can't exhaust the fumes. Sounds like a good after-market safety device or, assuming it would void warranty, 'upgrade' offered by manufacturer. I wouldn't mind having that. ALSO, imagine how the volume of posts would go down on here for dirty stoves!! ==c

Strange but interesting and logical to stop the fire if you can't exhaust the fumes. Sounds like a good after-market safety device or, assuming it would void warranty, 'upgrade' offered by manufacturer. I wouldn't mind having that. ALSO, imagine how the volume of posts would go down on here for dirty stoves!! ==c
Good point,jump switch a,sove runs,clean stove and exhaust compleatly!

Reactions: tjnamtiw
Its factory switches, mounting holes are already in the blower housing.

Nice job on that blower motor and housing. Where did you end up picking one up at? I like updating these older stoves with modern equipment. If you get the newer motors adjusted right and get the correct air flow, they run better and quieter than ever.

I'm working on an old Vermont Casting Reliance right now and will be modifying the convection fans (two of them) into one squirrel cage with metal duct. I like a stove as quiet as possible and these stoves are not very complicated once you learn them.

With parts getting more scarce, it's what you have to do for these oldies but goodies. Nice work again.

Bob

Ended up getting the part from a local stove store, he had it in stock and was a bit surprised it was the same price as the best deal I could find on ebay, $189.00
Money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.