need a good thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mullet2501

Oct 4, 2008
Western Washington State
I have a hearth village series propane gas insert in my living room and I was looking into buying a thermostat for it but I do not know much about them. I do know that I would like a wireless one. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Keep in mind that a wireless receiver would require batteries or some sort of power source at the stove to receive and convey the wireless signal. In general electrical components including batteries have a temp limit of 140° F. So I can't safely spec one for your specific unit if the receiver sits inside, but can tell you I've done considerable R&D;on Skytech Products Group remote controls and have been quite impressed with their range and safety features. I've found their remote system to have the wireless range of a garage door opener which was unheard of before in the fireplace industry when Skytech set the bar back in late 2004.

I see they have a wireless thermostat available, and I'd suggest buying a handheld unit so you could keep it at your side like the TV remote.

This was the only web link I could find, sorry but I get all my product by calling them direct:

http://www.homeclick.com/web/catalog/brand_landing.aspx?type=M&manufid=1110

Status
Not open for further replies.