Need a new saw! Echo cs590 or something better?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the new saw out and buried it in some logs....wowsers! Angry saw. I'm used to using our ms391 at work, and this is a completely new animal! Smooth and powerful, a real screamer for only 60cc! It should get much better once it has 7-8 tanks through it. I'm running the 3 quarts of premix now for the extra warranty. Brand new , out of the box, filled it up, pumped the ball. Pulled twice with the choke on, turned it off and fired up without a hiccup. Ran it wide open in a big log for 3-5 minutes like the manual said to do. Then I made a bunch of cuts in some other logs and shut it off. Restarted no problem when hot! I'm gonna love this auto tune!!! Awesome saw

Last edited:
Reactions: drz1050
Buying the 3 quarts of pre mix to double the warranty to 4 years is a good move. ;)

When I am done cutting for a while with a particular saw I will run the regular mixed gas out and fill with 4-5 ounces of the canned premix. Run it a couple minutes to make sure the new gas has gotten into the carb and store it that way. The shelf life is 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.