Need a proof of fire switch.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to replace the proof of fire switch on my Winslow PS40. Part number H5887. Found a couple places that sell it but was wondering if there was an option like at Grainger? Suggestions?

magentaman said:
Need to replace the proof of fire switch on my Winslow PS40. Part number H5887. Found a couple places that sell it but was wondering if there was an option like at Grainger? Suggestions?

If you get the numbers off of the part and have the measurements for the depth and size of the place it fits into you can use Grainger's search function, they carry a lot of limit switches.

Most units don't use snap/ limit switches but use thermistors which send a resistance reading to the circuit board. I'd advise ou to use the proper part.

Heater Helper said:
Most units don't use snap/ limit switches but use thermistors which send a resistance reading to the circuit board. I'd advise ou to use the proper part.

According to the manual for the PS40 it uses a 140°F close on rise snap disc to provide proof of fire and a 120°F close on rise snap disc to turn on the convection blower.

I stand corrected. Should be easy to find a replacement if you use find out the on/ off range of the switch. It should be marked on the side of the switch. It should say 140-20 0r something like that right on the switch. Meaning it closes at 140... opens at 120

SmokeyTheBear said:
According to the manual for the PS40 it uses a 140°F close on rise snap disc to provide proof of fire and a 120°F close on rise snap disc to turn on the convection blower.

I was under that same assumption, except now I have the temp!

Status
Not open for further replies.