Need a simple battery operated timer to cycle the pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hockeypuck

Feeling the Heat
Sep 6, 2009
south central NH
I have an Enviro Mini A. I would like to find a simple programmable battery-operated timer (could be 120v plugin as well) that will turn the stove on and off using the thermostat terminals (dry contacts). I have done a smart thermostat, but do not like the wire running 12 feet across the floor and at this point, I know based on the forecast what time it should kick on during the night. Key is simple to program like the unit below.

1666993424865.png

Last edited:
The unit you are showing plugs into the wall outlet and the stove would plug into it
One for the thermostat would have to be low voltage.

The unit you are showing plugs into the wall outlet and the stove would plug into it
One for the thermostat would have to be low volta
Thank you. I understand that. That is why I was asking for a dry contact relay. All of the simple time plug-in relays switch the 120 and not a dry set of contacts. I thought it would be an easy find. After researching via amazon and google... not so much unless you want to start to mess with cube relays or large grey box mechanical relays.

I have been using one of these on my P43 for years. The only wiring is to the receiver which is on the window ledge by the stove.
I can move the remote unit anywhere to have it control temps. I usually just set it on top of my regular thermostat.

Can second the Skytech, have been using the 3301P for 10 years and it works great. Expensive but worth it IMO anyway.

sam

I have been using one of these on my P43 for years. The only wiring is to the receiver which is on the window ledge by the stove.
I can move the remote unit anywhere to have it control temps. I usually just set it on top of my regular thermostat.

Thanks. I ordered a programmable Skytech.

Can I use a timer like the one in his picture to plug the stove into it?

In my mind, I could have the stove set to the settings I want, with the timer set to turn on at 4:30 AM to warm the house up before we get out of bed.

Is this possible?