Need a small hearth mat: question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
Contemplating a future install and trying to get my ducks in a row. Do hearth mats come in 18" or 24" depths x (say) 48" wide? We have a raised hearth which is 16" deep but in planning on installing a freestanding stove I know we won't have enough depth. I see all these mats that are basically larger rectangles with mitered corners, but we won't need anything that large. Smaller is what we need but I can't find any.....

Shari

Try plowandhearth.com

Try the HYC company out of Saint Louis, MO. I have an 18" X 50" black tin mat that I got from my stove store in avon CT for 50 to 100 us I can't remember how much. It may work for you nothing to look at though.

Brian

Shari said:
Contemplating a future install and trying to get my ducks in a row. Do hearth mats come in 18" or 24" depths x (say) 48" wide? We have a raised hearth which is 16" deep but in planning on installing a freestanding stove I know we won't have enough depth. I see all these mats that are basically larger rectangles with mitered corners, but we won't need anything that large. Smaller is what we need but I can't find any.....

Shari

Hi Shari,
In answer to your question - YES...they come in 18 x 48 sizes & they are called hearth extensions...
Nice ones - tile on Micore - are in excess of $150...
There are real cheesy cheap ones - aluminum wrapped Micore - that are approved hearth protectors for about $80...

Thanks everyone - at least know I know they do come in the size I need!

Shari

Status
Not open for further replies.