Need advice about insert purchase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacKay

Jan 21, 2008
SW. Pennsylvania
I have done quite a bit of legwork and have found a local distributor / installer with Jotul 550 insert in stock. I am a little nervous that it will overpower the room. We spend a lot of time in the room (200 sf.) However the floor plan is not ideal for spreading the heat through the rest of the house. I don't want to turn the room into a sweat lodge. Any suggestions?

If you can show us a floor plan, it might help. How big is the room that it'll be in?

A small fan blowing colder air at floor level from a doorway towards the stove is generally accepted as the best way to distribute heat. You do not have to burn at full capacity in that stove either.

Status
Not open for further replies.