NEED ADVICE ON A DUCTED PELLET FURNACE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabbers

Oct 15, 2008
NE OHIO
I'm looking for a ducted pellet furnace. I have 900 sq ft to heat. I would place it in the middle of the basement and tie to the main trunk line which feeds 6 vents. I might open up a couple of vents downstairs. I want something that can be hooked up to a thermostat. Right now i heat with a stick burner up and a ussc king 5500 pellet stove down. Some info on the operation would be great. thanks

Does your 900 square fee include the downstairs?
Do you now have exisiting duct work? What kind of furnace is connected to it? Oil, propane, nat gas?

If your total heating area is 900 square feet this Harmon furnace may be too big but the manual for it has a lot of good install information that may be helpful. There are other smaller pellet furnaces with lower BTU ratings but I'm not familiar with them.
http://hearthnhome.com/downloads/installManuals/PF100.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.