Need advice on a temporary propane hook-up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blayer

Mar 26, 2008
Dayton, OH
My son is buying a home that has a propane furnace. There is no tank on the property and we need to have the furnace tested. One of the locals wants to charge us $200 to hook up a temporary tank and 25 gallons of propane. Seems like a lot for just an inspection. Is it possible to hook up something temporary DIY? If so, what type of regulators/other stuff do I need? Can I use a 20 gallon grill tank for this short use?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated...

Bryan in Dayton, OH

Yes you can use a "grill tank" wont last all that long but will work for a test. The regulator needs to be between 11-13 inches of water column or 1/2 psi. should be the same as your grill. NOT the same as a turkey fryer. Let the testers fire it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.