Need Advice on Enviro Omega Vs Harman P61A

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadeye316

Dec 8, 2007
Amsterdam, ny
I have a 2 story home that was just built this year. We have hot water baseboard and it heats our water as well. We got 2 quotes..

1. P61A Harman Store been in business for 7 years and heard on and off opions of them 20 miles away
P61A $2700
trim $140
trim $40
Hopper $ 150
sub total $3030
install $ 800
w/tax $4136

2. Enviro Omega Stre been in business for 15 years and heard good things about them 30 miles away
Omega 3000
install 375
sub 3375
w/tax 3645

I want something that wont break down and will do a good job heating the home any help or advice would be appreciated

That is a good deal on the Omega
my list price book from AES (the west coast Dist) is $3,569.00

The Omega is a VERY large stove.
I have been burning for 2 month. Not very cold yet so I have only burned 15 bags and have not opened the door yet.
I have it in the off and on mode with stat set at 74 deg heating 1900 sq feet.
because the stove is 60k BTU I have the feed rate set on Mediam (#3) because I dont need that much heat by my desk(S)

My only Negative feed back. (note I have burned over 10 different kinds of pellet stoves in my home in the past 18 years)
1) Some Occasional Soft Clanking noise you dont get with other stoves due to the Large hopper
and
Second gear reduction motor to a chain drive that turns the Cleaner in the self cleaning burn pot.

2) not for me for Im 6 feet tall but I can see it would be hard for someone to load because the stove is 43"tall
But nice 3+ bag hopper.

My stove
http://www.hearthtools.com/pellet/enviro/omegared.jpg

My website for the stove
http://www.hearthtools.com/pellet/enviro/omega.htm

I do not have Rod's experience, but I do have a P61A that I like. The P61A seems to be a very simple stove, and I like the underfeed system. I did get it from a dealer that had a good rep.

You may want to buy from a dealer that you feel comfortable with. The dealer can have a lot to do with your stove experience should anything go wrong.

Cheers

Kenny

I have the Harman P-68...bigger brother to that stove. I love mine and it works great.

Should I be in your shoes I would go with the dealer you liked more. Both are great stoves and if anything I like the looks of the Omega over the Harman.

It really comes down to if your not mechanicly inclined you want to pick the best dealer vs the best stove.

I'm really of the mindset that stoves nowdays are like cars. Generally speaking you can not buy a bad car. You can buy the wrong car for what you want.

deadeye316 said:
I have a 2 story home that was just built this year. We have hot water baseboard and it heats our water as well. We got 2 quotes..

1. P61A Harman Store been in business for 7 years and heard on and off opions of them 20 miles away
P61A $2700
trim $140
trim $40
Hopper $ 150
sub total $3030
install $ 800
w/tax $4136

2. Enviro Omega Stre been in business for 15 years and heard good things about them 30 miles away
Omega 3000
install 375
sub 3375
w/tax 3645

I want something that wont break down and will do a good job heating the home any help or advice would be appreciated

I wonder why the Harman is going to be so much more expensive to install? That seems like a huge difference to me. I have a P61A and am very happy with it. It is easy to clean and maintain and is relatively quiet.
I have to say that I really like the looks of that enviro! It is also interesting that it say that it can burn grass pellets. Not that those are going to be available commercially anytime soon, but it seems that the Omega is designed to deal with high ash, lower quality fuels, which is a plus. The Harman does pretty well with these as well.

Did you compare the two warratees? If they are about the same I think I would lean toward buying the Omega (save 500 bucks)

nope i posted 2 threads one for my dad and one for me this thread is for me. We are buying just one stove for our house. My dad is following our lead and buying one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.