Need Advice on Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwyoung2007

Jan 2, 2011
Urbanette, AR
I am going to be picking up my "new" stove tomorrow and I am going to be in the market for a full piping system. Who or where shall I begin looking for it. I will be going through a ceiling that slants at an angle and out through the roof so that it will have a natural draft to it.

Dont cheap out on piping
so many people get lesser quality pipe and they have nothing but toubles
leaks, smoke smell etc.
I installed icc excel pellet pipe not one issue very happy with ease of installation , and quality.

jwyoung2007 said:
I am going to be picking up my "new" stove tomorrow and I am going to be in the market for a full piping system. Who or where shall I begin looking for it. I will be going through a ceiling that slants at an angle and out through the roof so that it will have a natural draft to it.

Look online and get your manufacturer part #s and dimensions you will need for your install. It took a good 8 hours to plan mine out including getting stud locations and drill a couple test holes to check for obstructions.

You will need a cathedral box.

Look in the manufacturer brochures for examples of installs in different configurations. It will give you an idea of everything you need.

I used Simpson Pellet Vent Pro but there are a lot of good choices on the market.

If I did it again I might look into the pricing on that "Direct Temp" stuff that pulls the fresh-air in around the liner and heats the air going into the stove.

Best to go through the wall rather than the roof if you can(all depends on if your spot is sided or bricked on the outside really).
They make whole pellet exhaust piping kits for through-the-wall installation.
They are around $200-$300 for the whole kit.
Most major home improvment stores carry them.
Shop around.

~Stan

Attachments

• Pellet Stove Chimney.jpg
    Pellet Stove Chimney.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 139
Anyone have any experience with the SELKIRK Direct Temp Pipe. I see that they are an avertiser here. The prices appear to be more than competitive with the others.

As far as the stove goes. I dont know anything about it yet. All I know is it was working when they took it out. and it is free. So the price is most defeintly right. I will post the information on it tomorrow after I go pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.