Need advice or help on heating

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie1234

Sep 25, 2014
Port perry
Hey, so I live in about 2600 sq home no basement, no duct work in my house. I have a wood stove with baseboard heat, my house is open concept through out with catherdrial ceilings. I live in canada and I know the winter get cold this way. So I need advice there is the wood stove which truly happy about, but I want to get away from the cost of the baseboard when me and my wife are not at home during the day, he has a older fireplace house as well but needs a insert, my question to you guys is with no duct work no gas on the road would a propane insert be most benefit to install to heat home when wood stove not working? Or is there other opitions out there I should be looking at? Please help I need advice on what smartest investment would be. Thanks

Propane can get pricy depends on how much you will use and you have a fairly large home you would have to size up that unit to heat that much space.i just purchased a harman accentra 52i insert wich is a pellet stove I love it.it is rated to heat your size home I think the pellets would be a lot cheaper than the propane if you had interest in a pellet stove.the 52i will run on its highest settings very cold weather for over 12 hours on a full hopper and maybe a day and a half on warmer days.not sure how long you would be away but this maybe an option for you.

Reactions: yrock87
Status
Not open for further replies.