Need advice, selling antique Columbian Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rochelle13x`

Feb 17, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Hi folks, I'm a complete rookie here. I'm selling a stove on Craig's list for a friend. It's a Columbian gas stove, that's about all we know. I'm curious about what kind of price to ask for the doggone thing. She received it from her father's estate when he died last year.

I have an antique shop owner interested in looking at it, so I'd like to have a good starting point before I chat with him.

Thanks tons for any help you might be able to provide. I've attempted researching the topic online to no avail.

Attachments

• kari stove 4x5.jpg
    kari stove 4x5.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 432
  • kari stove2 4x5.jpg
    kari stove2 4x5.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 408
  • kari stove3 4x5.jpg
    kari stove3 4x5.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 390
Moving this over to the gas area, as it generally gets better results to post this sort of thing in one of the discussion forums.

I have no idea what the unit is worth, but I will note that in many places the gas companies get picky about hooking up old appliances that may or may not still be as gas-tight as they used to be, and don't have modern safety features...

Given that it looks like a pretty basic unit, at least compared to some stoves I've seen, I suspect that it might not be worth a huge amount, but it might be worth looking for "antique gas stoves" via Google or Ebay to see what anything similar might be getting.

Good luck with it...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.