Need advise about these stoves.........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MGC67

Oct 15, 2008
NW Ohio
Hello, I am new to wood burning and am excited to supplement my home fall and winter heating with
wood heat. I endured several 400 dollar gas heating bills last winter and do not plan on that happening
again. This web site has been treasure of information so far …..thanks for all who take the time to
share your information. My home is a 90-ish year old farm house that is basically 1200-1400 square
foot. My down stairs has 9 ft ceilings and a 22 x 15 living room. Up-stairs has 7 ft ceilings, I did replace 3 windows in the upstairs dormer with low-e awningbwindows. I’ve looked at so many
stoves my head is beginning to spin……. I am into function more than form, my wife on the
other hand seems to think if it doesn’t look like a jemstone she doesn’t want it. I will win this one
with winter just around the corner. These are some of the stoves and prices I have available to me
at this time; any input will be very much appreciated, here goes………….
Englander 30……800.00 local shop read a lot of good, think it’s too much muscle.
Englander 13 (summer’s heat)……800.00 lowes
Napolean 1100 C……….1000.00 local shop
Hampton H 200………..1500.00
Hearth Stone Shelburne……..1500.00
Drogul Adirondach……700.00

My max budget for a stove alone is about 1500.00, if anyone can chime in that would be great.

Thanks, Mike

If you can pick up a Hearthstone Shelburne for $1500, I'd snap that up quickly. That's a very good price. You will have a beautiful, strong, 2 cu ft stove and your wife will think you are wonderful. Such a deal! Otherwise I would consider the Napoleon with a fancy door to please the missus. Let her choose the style.

thanks for the reply, I thought the englanders had alot of bang for the buck, but for a few hundered more the Napo. and Shelburne really had me leaning in a direction I did not think I could afford.

Thanks again, Mike

True, the Englanders offer great value. But a happy wife has great value too. If they stick to that price on the Shelburne, you are getting an awesome price. One of the Hearthstone dealers can chime in here, but that seems like below cost. Is it a demo model or old inventory?

I'd be there yesterday.

Best of luck. Maybe call and tell them you'll take it so that they'll hold it for you. You can change your mind at the store if you decide on another stove they sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.