Need advise on a Lange 6302BR

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingjk729

Mar 27, 2016
Buffalo,NY
hello all my name is JK and I'm from Buffalo,NY and have a few questions on a Lange 6302BR. The unit appears to be in stellar condition and is in my grandmothers home. We've talked with my gram and it was used around 20-25 times. My gram is no longer able to live in the house and my mother in law has tasked me with figuring out what to do with the unit. She basically said if it has value to remove and sell it or if it's not worth it to leave it in the house...... My gram was an odd one as they have a natural gas furnace but way back when the chance of shortages and rising prices of gas they bought the unit and another crazy huge thing that's in the basement and was never used but can burn coal or wood as well.... I'll try and get info on that as well. We are selling the house and a new furnace was put in as the old one was shot..... So my question is what's this thing worth ...... Do I list it or leave it and what's the market for these things..... My gram was a neat freak and this thing is primo ..... I'll post pics the next chance I'm at her house. Any help would be greatly appreciated .... There's not a lot of info on the good ole inter web but what I've seen these things can sell from 500-1200 but nothing solid. Thanks again.

Welcome. I wish I lived closer, Lange made a fine stove. I have not heard of the BR designation before. Is it enameled? Can you post a picture?

The value would be better in Sept. or October when the market demand is higher. The stove season has ended pretty much and prices drop accordingly. If you can store the stove until next fall that may add a couple hundred to its selling price.

Might it in fact be a 6203BR? Is it rectangular, or oval shaped would you say? It's probably worth more now than she paid for it all those years ago! GREAT stove.

My bad guys .... It is a 6203BR rectangle unit ..... It's crazy since the pics I've found online don't really do the color justice , it may be that since this unit was barely used and gram being a clean freak the color very vibrant. I'll get some pics posted this week and also get some pics of the other heater that's in the basement that was never used. Thanks again for all the help.

It's a little hard to say, only because it's not EPA compliant so not desireable for many looking for a stove. However, new stoves seem to run like $1800.00 ish and up for something even remotely similar. I don't think you could possibly take less than $500.00 for it.if it's half as nice as you say. But 1200.00 is extremely optimistic, so that may leave you in the like $600.00 - $900.00 range maybe? It WILL be easier to sell in September of course, and one can always lower one's price if needed so start on the high side. For the right person, this is a great find. Best of luck!

Is this the stove? If so, and you are patient, I think $600 now, up to $900 peak season may sell it. Side note, while looking I found a nice one sold in Europe recently for about $150.
lange 6203BR.jpg

Looks like a sweet little stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.