need an id on a blaze king

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobaccogrower

Jan 9, 2010
Suffield Ct
Looks like an early Royal Guardian? Non-cat, 1.74 cu ft. Will this be enough to heat your place?

Go to www.blazeking.com and download their manual on the stove. Don't expect the long burn times that their cat stoves will provide.

That's a Blaze King Royal Guardian 3001.

I just wrote a review on this stove 10 minutes ago which is posted in the Reviews section.
Just picked one up used a couple of days ago and have been working on getting the bends out of the stove pipe for better draft. It has a 6" flue opening on the top, non-cat.

This is a good stove and as already said, it does not have long burn times, but I am working to see if i can get her to go to 8 hours to a few coals on maple.
I have been unsuccessful so far on soft wood to get those overnite burn times, and i have a natural gas boiler with baseboard hot water heat that comes on for back up.

So far it will not come on during the day but fires up a couple times early morning and hopefully when sorted out not at all.

Just want to say that this is a well made and well thought out stove and quite efficent and easy to clean and operate. So far i am impressed.

Just what i have learned so far. Also the fans make a stack robber or ecofan unnecessary. In my experience they really put out a lot of hot air.
Heating a 1000 sq ft Lindal Cedar Home with it and we will see how She does when the serious cold rolls in. Will defintely heat a mobile home with the door open !

Hope this helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.