Need any Micore 300??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

knotdodger

Jan 12, 2008
Coleman Michigan
I just finished all my cuts in the porcilain for my hearth pad I am building.
Just have to thinset everything together. Thanks for all the help with
everything so far everyone. Much appreciated.

I have 42in by 48in of micore left over if anyone close to Coleman Michigan
wants it. You can have it.

Hi Knotdodger,
I think I had better pass on your offer. Coleman is a bit of a hike from Ann Arbor. Last fall, I was looking around for some 1/2" micore for my hearth. I couldn't find any and went with two sheets of 1/2" cement board and one layer of 1/4" tile. That didn't quite satisfy the thermal requirements so I thought I would add a layer of micore at the bottom of the sandwich when I found some. However, I can hold my hand on the hearth beneath the stove with a roaring fire going. So, I'm now wondering if the micore is necessary. I'll keep your e-mail address and, when I'm going up your way, I may see if you still have it.
All the best,
Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.