1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Need blower hose for insert stove

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by terrapinfarm, Dec 28, 2010.

1. terrapinfarm

terrapinfarm New Member

Loc:
    North Carolina
    I have an older "Craft" brand fireplace insert model woodstove.
    I need a hose to connect an outlet on the side of the stove to a blower unit which will sit on the hearth.
    The outlet nipple seems to be about 3.75" outside diameter.
    What I *think* I'm looking for is a flexible metal duct type hose, black in color, 5 feet long would be plenty.
    I've looked online and can't find anything. Can someone tell me where to shop for this?
    Thanks Much!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Did you mean the stove inlet? Normally the blower output is connected to the stove inlet. You don't want to be sucking hot air out of the stove through a blower.
  3. terrapinfarm

terrapinfarm New Member

Loc:
    North Carolina
    I meant inlet and wrote outlet.
    I do understand that the direction of flow of the forced air is through the fan/blower unit, into the hose/duct/pipe, through the double walled section of the stove, and out vent holes on the front of the stove.

Any pointers in where to look for that hose/duct/pipe?

I've seen dryer ducting at Lowe's/Home depot that is flex metal, but it's silver and not black. I guess I could paint it.
    I read something about flex exhaust tubing from an auto parts store but have not investigated that option.
    Hoping I can find where to buy something that is black and made for this use.
  4. caston

caston New Member

5. caston

caston New Member

Were you ever able to find a connector? I have this same issue. My blower is on the back side of the stove and I want to put a blower on the hearth and have a pipe connected to the rear of the stove. Im sick of having blower issues and having to remove the entire stove to fix it.