need computer help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestone

Greetings: I have some photos that I use for my desktop background . They were taken at Christmas and have many colors in them which makes it hard for me to see the icons I have arranged around the edges. Is there a way I can shrink the background and leave a blue border along the left side and bottom on which to locate the icons?? I am using Windows.

Hello,

Maybe I can help if it is Windows XP

1) Right click on screen.

2) Click properties.

3) Click the desktop tab.

4) On the right you should see "position" change that to center. Also the color of the border can be changed here as well.

The amount of the border will depend on the quality of the photo.

Hope that helps.

John

Greetings: Eureka!!!! I got it, did what you said, then realized it was the size of the original pic that resulted in filling the screen. I reduced pic to 60 %, followed steps, and now have about 2 inch blue border all around. Great, the help is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.