Need corn/pellet stove repaired Denton, Tx-any suggestions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greggtex

Dec 18, 2009
Denton, TX
Live just out of Denton in Texas. Have a St. Croix stove that had to be repaired just after getting it. Seller in Sherman didn't want to mess with it the next year, said my issue. Need suggestions on someone that works on them.

what is it doing or not doing?

greggtex said:
Live just out of Denton in Texas. Have a St. Croix stove that had to be repaired just after getting it. Seller in Denison didn't want to mess with it the next year, said my issue. Need suggestions on someone that works on them.
Need more info. st croix? whats the issue?

Shortly after getting the stove, it quit working. The store we bought it from sent a guy out that fixed the part under warranty. I believe it has a one yr. warranty. But the next winter, it did the same thing again and store owner said it sounded like we had a stopped up flue and wouldn't send the guy out, leaving us to fix what appears to be the same problem.
What it is doing: stove won't pull exhaust out. Fire appears to be getting smothered due to this. Was a vacuum sensor the first time. There is no reason that the flue should be stopped up, since we didn't use it that much. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Not happy with being told that 99% of the time it's a stopped up flue. If guy comes out and that's what it is, I'll eat my words and apologize. Won't buy from a Sherman area distributor again tho. They were great to deal with buying it, but not after the 'year warranty' expired.

Gregg, welcome to the hearth. Inspite of the sometimes harsh language, we will try and help. Tell us more about your stove, the install, what flue you have and how it is installed, what and how much you have burned and what your cleaning scheme is. We've been known to get answers pretty quick with the right information... Could have you burning this weekend.

When we built the house, we didn't install a fireplace since we wanted a corn stove. We built a hearth and installed a ? 4" flue that goes into the wall and up thru the roof. It has a top on it outside that is in good shape and no birds can get in.
The smoke builds up inside the stove and starts seeping out, just as it did the first time. We didn't even try it but once or twice last year because of it, and just didn't get it fixed then due to finances at the time. NEVER had an issue with it after being fixed first time, until it broke. The only issue we ever had was that when using corn, it pinches the corn and 'explodes' the corn inside the auger tube which would wake us at night. We just started using pellets because they didn't do this and corn prices went up anyways.

greggtex said:
Shortly after getting the stove, it quit working. The store we bought it from sent a guy out that fixed the part under warranty. I believe it has a one yr. warranty. But the next winter, it did the same thing again and store owner said it sounded like we had a stopped up flue and wouldn't send the guy out, leaving us to fix what appears to be the same problem.
What it is doing: stove won't pull exhaust out. Fire appears to be getting smothered due to this. Was a vacuum sensor the first time. There is no reason that the flue should be stopped up, since we didn't use it that much. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Not happy with being told that 99% of the time it's a stopped up flue. If guy comes out and that's what it is, I'll eat my words and apologize. Won't buy from a Sherman area distributor again tho. They were great to deal with buying it, but not after the 'year warranty' expired.

check your "tee" at the bottom of the flue , make sure it sint plugged, it can and will ahppen if unatended i check mine once per ton with pellets , with corn you should more often. a sluggish air problem most commonly s a blockage or restriction somewhere in the air path. do a thorough cleaning including checking the tee, and check your door and window and ash pan gaskets if equipped , air is GOD with this type stove ,it must have clear passage.

if you still ahve problems and are not able to find a repair or service type you might check this website and type your zip code into the "installers network" search box http://www.zoobler.com/installers.php hope this helps , and BTW should you end up using a sweep from zoobler , post results , if good folks may find this post and see that they could use them , if bad a post would warn them away. hope this helps ya

Status
Not open for further replies.