Need Earthstove 100 Manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Cournaya

Nov 17, 2007
Northern Wisconsin
Looking for a manual for a older earth stove 100 series.I am trying to find out what it is rated at as far as square footage rating and BTU's.Have this stove in my cabin now and works great ,but may move it to my work shed which is about 1200 sq. ft. That way I can buy a new stove for the cabin. Thank You for your help.

Jeez the least that Lennox could do is leave these manuals on the server. It doesn't cost that much. Call Lennox tech support and see if they will email it to you. They have it, I know, as earthstove is one of Lennox's "hunting trophies". Goes back to a running joke around my old shop about Lennox being the brand killers.

We have that stove in our 1200' cabin in Northern Canada. It has no trouble keeping us warm down to about 15 degrees.We burn oak/birch and don't let it get up over medium on the temp gauge mounted on the stove pipe. Since we leave when it starts getting that cold can't tell you it performs below that.

I curious, is your house SMALLER than your shed? If so, lucky guy, my wife would never let me get away with that.

I'm also trying to get a manual or at least the specs on the Series 100. We want to change fire insurance carriers on the cabin and the new one wants to know if the Stove was certified, if so, by whom. They also want to know what the install specs are.

We know the stove was made in Polson, Mt but that's all. The plate on the back is unreadable and we don't have a manual. I did contact Lennox but they told me they did not have the manuals for that model. I'm not surprised as understand the Series 100 was built before Lennox acquired the original Earth Stove Co.

Hope this was a little helpful and if you get any specs I would appreciate a note.

Thank.

Woodcutter,

Sorry it so long to respond,but computer was down till 1-3-08...Maybe able to help you on clearance spec's as I can read the back panel on my stove. Will get as much info as I can for You the next time I go to my cabin.
And YES my shed is larger than our cabin,cabin is only 700 sq. ft. and shed 1200...The shed was there when we bought the cabin and my wife loved the cabin so I did Not complain when she said she wanted the cabin...Than a Year later she told me that I should insulate,wire and heat the shed, so who am I to say No. Well I know why I keep her around ,but know idea why she keeps me around..

Hi,
I just got a manual in the mail today for the Earth Stove Series 101/105. If anybody is interested I could fax it or something.

ChristineWV do you have the ability to scan it into a PDF document? Most at home scanners will make a PDF. Then it could be posted for everyone to share.

Hi,
I did scan a copy into a PDF file, but it's too large to upload to the site. They have a limit on the size. I've emailed it to a couple of people. Send me your email address and I'll send you the scan. It's 27 pages long. Maybe one of you can downsize it and post it here. My email address is [email protected]

No problem. Judging by the demand, there must be a lot of these stoves out there still.

:) THANK YOU "CHRISTINE WV & "BEGREEN" FOR PUTTING THE INFORMATION ON THE "EARTH STOVE MDL 100 OUT THERE FOR ALL. VERY HELPFULL.

Status
Not open for further replies.