NEED exhaust vent tube lopi 400 ps (not vent piping)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RancherPacker

Jul 28, 2015
Washington State
Hi all, I have 2 pellet stoves, I am now cleaning and getting ready for Winter. On the Lopi 400 ps that I just got someone must have tipped it over on the back or something. The exhaust tube is borked where the exhaust blower mounts on it. The tube should have 4 flanges for the motor to bolt to. One side flange/brace is missing. one is tweaked bent broken.

The whole mess was sealed with about 2 inch thick gob of silicone all the way around. I cannot seem to find anywhere to buy a replacement. Anyone got any ideas? or is the only solution gobs of silicone or buy a different stove LOL LOPI TUBE.jpg

Possible to take to a metal shop and have them just replace the flange? Does not look complicated at all.

Is this a 1993 - 1996 model ?

Shoot an end view picture

The serial number verifies it is. 1993-1996. That part is not listed anymore. Bioburner is correct. A weld:metal shop can make repairs to that.

will they replace the whole square piece on the end or just try to fix the part where the holes are for screws/bolts?

I couldn't get an end view of stove...but this is side view showing where the exhaust fan blots to stove and this tube bolts to the fan and comes out the rear of the stove.

Attachments

• side.JPG
    side.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 158
I would ask him to replace the entire square flange.

Did you check out that SW-4 gasket material ?

Could go both ways. be real easy to screw-weld on a couple pieces of angle iron to replace the bolt flanges and cut out the warped pieces.

On the other stove that I asked about for gasket (foxfire) I reused the original gasket. But I obviously need a new gasket for the 400 ps so will check out the SW-4 as soon as I get the broken flange problem under control.

They are both strong built units.

wow wish that SW-4 gasket material wasn't $29.80 a foot before shipping was added too. The gasket is 8" x 61/2" so would take the whole sheet too.

You would be getting a 2 foot by 1 foot piece. You can make other gaskets you need as well. I only suggested it because it is the quality of material we use to make gaskets.

Trust me. I am no salesman. Just saying we use this. Ofcourse on a Travis product we would use a factory gasket because we stock them.

250-00358.

What condition are your refractory bricks in ?

That is good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.