Need Fire.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dylskee

Feeling the Heat
Sep 28, 2008
Central MA
Well, since it's been way too warm around here the past week to light my woodstove I had myself a fire outside yesterday! I was doing some yard work and organizing the shed for the winter and decided to burn brush and some old fence posts to clean up a bit. Looking at the extended forcast, doesn't look like the Fireview will see any action for atleast a couple weeks....... :(

Sorry for the quality of the pics, crappy droid phone pics!
daytime.jpgfire.jpg

Reactions: David Tackett
Yeah, sounds like here. We had some fire temps the last couple of days but supposed to be 78 every day this coming week. Welll, I will save some wood.

We lit the firepit last night also....perfect night....temps in the 40's

You might be pleasantly surprised to find a cold front moving our way. Should get to us by Friday so probably Saturday or Sunday for you.

You might be pleasantly surprised to find a cold front moving our way. Should get to us by Friday so probably Saturday or Sunday for you.
I hope so but they are talking about the possibility of the 70s by Friday around here! If I didn't have the new stove I would be appreciative of the warm weather to conserve my wood pile but I just want to burn this for a week 24/7 to compare it to my old Efel.

Hard to believe they have 4 days of 70 forecast for this week. I don't think we got there today but was really close. The topper is 78 on Thursday. That is unheard of at this time of the year. But highs in the 40's by Sunday.

Well, since it's been way too warm around here the past week to light my woodstove I had myself a fire outside yesterday! I was doing some yard work and organizing the shed for the winter and decided to burn brush and some old fence posts to clean up a bit. Looking at the extended forcast, doesn't look like the Fireview will see any action for atleast a couple weeks....... :(

Sorry for the quality of the pics, crappy droid phone pics!
View attachment 78151View attachment 78152

Believe it or not I came home and the house was 61F inside ! The insulation really holds the cool air in. I had to get a load going to warm up even though its warm today.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.