Need good used saw, any opinions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoz

Feb 2, 2006
I am thinking of entering the firewood business, trying to get ahead right now, but I need a good saw to take down the big boys, I have a Stihl 260 which is a great saw but I have been looking at 044 & 046's and they are even used, a little out of my financial range, I am looking at 300 or below for something with at least 24" bar maybe bigger w some horses to back it up, any suggestions on what saw to get and where, I am not going to use it alot, the 260 will be the main saw but I need it to run when I need it. Thanks for any help.

scott

Hi stoz,

Be careful what you wish for. I thought about that business too, but the work is a killer on the body.

Get a good brand and a big saw. Look at Ebay. I got lucky. Talk to logging store owners. The pros often trade in. But remember, a little more cash and new is better that bad used. I paid 300 for my Husky 359 that was 450 new (5 horse I believe). And I luckily got a good one.

Carpniels

Status
Not open for further replies.