Need guidance on how to replace the hot rod (igniter/fire starter) for a 1998 Breckwell P-2700FSA Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MrLateeBrown

Oct 10, 2019
Eugene, Oregon
Need guidance on how to replace the hot rod (igniter/fire starter) for a 1998 Breckwell P-2700FSA, I ran multiple searches and searched the internet quite a bit before finally asking for help.

The newer Breckwell P-2700PSA is not the same as the older model; the newer model has bolts above and below the hot rod for removing the assembly, the older model does not!

I can post pictures or videos if needed.

I read a post stating that the resistance on the 'hot rod' should be 45-50 ohms when disconnected from the stove!

I unplugged this stove, disconnected both leads from the stove and when I tested mine, it is showing 240 ohms. The connection from the 'hot rod' to the control board I believe burned out my last control board, since that time I have left it disconnected for now and added a fuse to the connection for extra protection once I can get it replaced!

Any help, guidance or direction would be greatly appreciated; Thank you!