Need Heat ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toyotech

Jan 8, 2007
I need information on an old Martin fireplace Model BWH-36. This fireplace has a heat circulation system,but currently none of the ducts or registers were installed. I have been looking for parts,but haven't found anything. I visited Martin Fireplace website only to find that they went out of bussiness in 2002. They were bought out and the current company isn't supporting any of the old products. I would appreciate any information wether it be a part source or alternate suggestion. Any information on the proper installation of said registers/ducts would also be very helpful!

you would be wasting your time and money trying to get heat out of that fireplace. Look at getting a fireplace insert for you existing fireplace.

MountainStoveGuy said:
you would be wasting your time and money trying to get heat out of that fireplace. Look at getting a fireplace insert for you existing fireplace.

THE MSG HAS SPOKEN.

He speaks the truth. The fireplace is still probably in the negative concerning efficiency even with the heat circulation system intact.

The only regret I have about installing my insert is not doing it five years ago when we bought this house. Went from sucking heat from the rest of the house to the comfy mid 70's and no electric heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.