*Need HELP - Blowers blowing cold air *pic*

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ManosJR

Jan 4, 2017
Fall City, WA
Can't figure out why the blowers are blowing cold air:

Brand new unit, 5" liner to the top w/ a chimney cap. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_1590.JPG
    IMG_1590.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 199
What stove/insert is this? It looks like the convection jacket is altered.

Manufactured by Supreme, Fusion is the model. Convection jacket required assembly and is set at its maximum width/height.

Do I need insulation of sort between the jacket and the masonry opening?

Also is there a block off plate in the damper area?

had to remove the damper in the original fireplace to drop the liner - there is a block off plate at the top below the chimney cap.
You should have a plate at the bottom also. Did the manufacturer say it was ok to run it on a 5" liner? How tall is the chimney?

Ok I just looked it up and it takes a 5" liner not 6 sorry

Just a guess. The blower system has a pair of low velocity 55 cfm fans (according to Pabst's specs). The insert may need the faceplate attached to make a plenum that takes in air at the bottom front and directs it out the front top slot in the faceplate.

Last edited:
Look at that, built-in BBQ grill. I'd like to know how that works for you.

Look at that, built-in BBQ grill. I'd like to know how that works for you.
yeah it looks like an interesting stove never seen it before. I am curious to see how it performs

Begreen, you may be correct. The faceplate was damaged by the shipper and must wait a week for the new one. Gives me time to grind the stone down to flush.

Re grill - I'll let you know next time we lose power :)

Begreen, you may be correct. The faceplate was damaged by the shipper and must wait a week for the new one. Gives me time to grind the stone down to flush.
Looking at the design I think that is definatly a possibility. I would atleast stuff some roxul up in the damper throat while you have the surround off it is better than nothing there. It also never hurts to insulate behind the insert. I just dont like to pack the area full.

Any feedback on this unit? Seems light at 175# compared to other it's size. I like the idea of Stainless Steel and the grill!
All the supreme units are very light. They use no firebrick, instead they have insulated Stainless panels. They make tons of radiant heat through the glass! I don't know how well they hold up though. I'd like to hear some feed back as well.