Need help connecting stainless liner to wood insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An elbow will work fine. Mine is a Dura Flex 5.5 liner and I have the adapter on it but the adapter goes into a 30* 6" stainless elbow that goes into the stove flue collar. On yours you would just connect the liner straight to the elbow.

Attachments

• elbow.jpg
    elbow.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 266
that starter piece that you are missing, was key to mine, I had to goto 2 different stores and finally someone knew what I needed.

I never did come up with a way to screw the offset box to the top of my stove, gravity, and the down force of the 25' liner hold it in place.

once while running a brush thru the flu, I did pick it up about a half an inch, and had to remove the surround, and re-seat it.

its seated in a fat bead of A-136 fireplace cement, and other than that one time with too much force ( from me) its been fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.