Need help deciding... 55-TRP10 or 55-TRP22

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apandori

Aug 18, 2014
Glenville, NY
Hi everyone! First post since I'm just getting interested in installing one of these stoves. I don't have a lot to spend and it looks as if I can get the job done within budget if I do things diligently with some help from all of you knowledgable people. Basically I have 1676 sq feet to heat including the basement. I want to do the install of the stove in the basement and move the air upwards into the first floor. The home has newer double pane windows. As far as what's in the walls I don't know but I don't believe it's terribly insulated overall. (It's not super drafty.) I have a contractor that can help me with the vent piping as well as my father who was a boilermaker. (He has a woodmaster outdoor furnace, and had an indoor wood boiler as well prior. He has installed multiple chimneys and built his house.) I have to get a building permit through the town, but if I can install myself as the homeowner I would probably just do it with my father to avoid labor costs.

Okay, background out of the way. With the sq footage a 1676 should I use the P10 or P22 and once I have it installed, what kind of pellets should I use? Also, venting from the basement, what is the best way to accomplish that?

Looking at the AMFM stoves by the way.

Thanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.