Need Help - Duct Routing Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cnpeele

Nov 30, 2011
Virginia
Hello,

I am in my second season heating with wood and stumbled upon a mistake I made in my initial installation. I followed the manufacturers instructions for installing hot air duct from furnace above plenum, using 90 degree elbow to direct air down the line. Tonight I noticed that there is one duct that comes right out of the plenum on the backside, before the hot air from my stove. Of course that was designed to work with the original heating/air conditioning system, but causes problems for me. My question is, how should I go about getting hot air from my furnace into that line? Can I just re-run the main line from the furnace directly into the plenum? Are there backflow problems with that, since the main fan is not running? Attached are some pictures, first of the main line from the furnace entering the original system, then the ducts that are not receiving heat from the furnace. Sorry they are sideways. IMG_20121125_203542.jpgIMG_20121125_203604.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.