Need help finding a fire pot for a keystoker

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bildo

Oct 27, 2007
pa
I am new to this forum and to the world of stoves in general. I recently purchased a used keystoker, rice & coal burner (serial #2335). The unit works great other than one small problem, it seems to be missing a fire pot. I did start it up and run it once just to see if it worked. It would feed the pellets down in but eventually the pellets that were feeding down in caught and the fire was working its way up into the feeder. I of course shut it down befor it got up into the feeder and have been looking for a fire pot ever since. To be honest I didn't even know what the part i was looking for was called until after i had done some research. If someone could point me into the right direction it would be greatly apperecaited. -Thanks in advance-

I did see that diagram on their web site and to be honest I am not excatly sure what that is. To me it looks like I have everything i need excapt for the unit where the pellets actually sit and burn in. That diagram looks like the feeding unit itself. Mine has the little slide edge that slowly pushes the pellets down the metal chute. After the metel chute the pellets just drop into the ash catcher. I see 2 bolt holes at the edge of the chute where somthing is supposed to bolt to catch the pellets to stop them from droping into the ash catcher. What ever that "somthing part is....fire bowl, maybe) I need that part. I am trying to find the name of that part and where I might be able to purchase a new one. thanks for giving it a crack I figure if any one can figure out what i need it would be the people on this board.

Most of the time that part is called the "firepot". I will see if I can even find anyone selling keystoker parts.

Well I can't find anything except their webpage, which has no dealer locator. I would try calling or emailing them.

Keystone Manufacturing Company

60 Keystoker Lane
Schuylkill Haven, PA 17972
Phone: (570) 385-3873
Fax: (570) 385-2755
E-Mail: [email protected]

yea i already e-mailed them and I am waiting on a response. I should also mention that my burning up into the feeder problem occured when I was running wood pellet into it instead of coal. I am going to try running it with coal this time around and see if it makes any difference and still keep a eye out for this. firepot.

uhh.... if you are missing the firepot I would recommend NOT using it. Are you letting it make a fire in the ash clean-out tray or something?

Eh. I might be missing something here, but you are burning wood pellets in a coal stove. That would be your first problem. Keystokers are coal burners and dont have 'burn pots" to catch wood pellets. They use a "sliding carpet" pusher to push the coal out onto a kind of "platform" where it burns and then is eventually pushed off the end of the platform into the ash pan. Of course "round pellets" are going to for the most part just roll off the end of the platform. Cant be sure withouth seeing it, but it sounds like you have everything there, you are just not burning the fuel it is made to burn.

yea the more I read the more I think/hope you are right. I just saw 2 holes at the end of the slid where it looks like somthing should be bolted and nothing their. So i assumed that somthing was missing........well you know what they say about assuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.