Need help finding control board. Manufacturer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike5752

Dec 15, 2007
Somerset, Ky
I have a friend that has been given a small pellet stove which appears to be several years old, but in fairly good condition other than the control board. The knobs are broken off that control the high and low feed rate, it has a 4 position selctor switch for the room air blower which is very stiff and extremely hard to change positions. I have went and looked at the info plate on the back of the unit and it does not have a name of the manufacturer or a date in which it was manufactured. It does have a Model # 5440 and a serial number# 001623 . The unit is working ok but needs some adjustment to the feed rate as it over runs the burn pot. We have helped some by pulling the damper rod on the side of the unit out to allow more air but we still need to reduce the feed rate if possible. We would really like to get a new control board if possible and this little baby will be as good as new. I would appreciate any help that anyone may have.

U.S. Stove says it is not theirs. They told me that it was manufactured by Reliance Ind. and that they are no longer in buisness. Thanks Anyway.

Well, that exact model number is under US Stoves listing of EPA units. Perhaps there is more than one 5440? sounds suspect. Maybe US Stove had it made elsewhere, but they may have sold it.

Reliance?

There was a manufacturer called Reliant.
I think their stuff was taken over by Magnum, so you can check if the same controls are available:
http://www.americanenergysystems.com/reliantT40.cfm?tabID=2

You Guys are AWSOME I have never seen a discussion board with so much helpful information and FAST. I will try the company you gave me first thing Monday. I have recommended this site to everyone I know that has a pellet stove or is thinking about getting one. I personaly have an Englander 240 and this is my first full season and I love it. My heat pump will never run again if I can help it. I can keep my home warmer without shrinking my wallet. Thanks again for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.