Need help finding HOT pellets in NH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

b_newhall

Nov 3, 2010
Grantham, NH
So we bought a QuadraFire 1200i pellet stove insert this fall. We recieved 1 ton of new england pellets and promptly went and bought 2 tons of Freedom fuel at Home Depot for under $200 a ton. Well needless to say teh Freedom Fuel is junk...it doesn't get hot enough. We have burned a ton and almost a half of that and half of the New Englands are gone they seemed to burn better and not just as hung up as the freedom fuel but still doesn't seem hot enough.

I have seen a couple local vendors have energex and somersets but I saw on the forum that I think the Hammers were really hot. We are willing to drive to get something that will actually heat our house.

Recommendations on brand and vendors that carry them would be extremely helpful. Because right now the pellet stove is not looking like a wise investment...I keep blaming the crap pellets and hope that is what is really going on.

Call your local lumber yards, stove shop's and hardware stores. You should be looking for Cubex, Okanagan, Hammer, Spruce Pointe, Turman, Eagle Valley or Vermont wood pellets if you want the hottest. Also Greene Team or Lignetics are popular here. Only buy a bag or two to test before pulling the trigger on a ton.

You have just learned the first rule of pellets.....NEVER buy large quantities of untested pellets....try at least 10 bags in cold weather before you commit.
Or just go buy OKies....
my 2 cents...

Cubex

Gould's Garden Center Map / Carte
64 Gilford East Drive
Gilford, NH. 03249 US

Tel/T�l : 603-524-5366 36.74 miles

2 Londonderry Map / Carte
2046 North Main Street
Londonderry, VT. 05148 US
39.25 miles

3 Londonderry Map / Carte
5598 Rd. 7 Nort Clarendon
Rutland, Vt. 05759 US

Tel/T�l : 802-747-9950 41.14 miles

4 Garland's Agway Map / Carte
70 Park St. box 398
Rutland, VT. 05701 US

Tel/T�l : 802-773-2422 42.24 miles

5 Hearth Works Fireside Systems Map / Carte
77 Londondery TPKE
Hooksett, NH. 03106 US

Tel/T�l : 603-634-4242 47.53 miles

Oakies:

Contact
Please feel free to contact us at the following:

Mill Address:
2677 Kyle Road
West Kelowna, BC
V1Z 2M9

P: 250.769.1427
F: 250.769.1437

Please feel free to contact our representative, Nancy Johnson at 250.769.1427 or email [email protected].

If you are the box store kind, the Greene Team is your best bet. Woodpllets.com has the LG and the Cleanfire Pacifics which burn pretty hot. They are offering free delivery right now for friends of existing customers. I can give you a code to use for free delivery if that helps.

b_newhall said:
So we bought a QuadraFire 1200i pellet stove insert this fall. We recieved 1 ton of new england pellets and promptly went and bought 2 tons of Freedom fuel at Home Depot for under $200 a ton. Well needless to say teh Freedom Fuel is junk...it doesn't get hot enough. We have burned a ton and almost a half of that and half of the New Englands are gone they seemed to burn better and not just as hung up as the freedom fuel but still doesn't seem hot enough.

I have seen a couple local vendors have energex and somersets but I saw on the forum that I think the Hammers were really hot. We are willing to drive to get something that will actually heat our house.

Recommendations on brand and vendors that carry them would be extremely helpful. Because right now the pellet stove is not looking like a wise investment...I keep blaming the crap pellets and hope that is what is really going on.

Visit Longacres Nursery center in Lebanon: you will never regret! Barefoot, Vermont wood pellets.... Good prices (per ton) and local delivery.

If Concord isn't too far, (About an hour?) I know they have Okies and I think they are $249/ton ($305/Pallet?)

Might help if I told you where they are!!

Osbourne's Agway on Rt. 106 south of the mall

bpm636 said:
b_newhall said:

Visit Longacres Nursery center in Lebanon: you will never regret! Barefoot, Vermont wood pellets.... Good prices (per ton) and local delivery.

What he said...
Barefoot and Vermonts are vary good and I went to school with the Longacres kids, nice folks! And they have fair pellet prices.

Upper valley Stove carries several types of pellets from Energex.

Canadian Energex will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.