need help finding replacement Class A chimney parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdscj8

Feb 19, 2009
Eastern,Nebraska
My new chimney guy was out and did a yearly inspection and found out my clean out "T" and first section of 30" pipe is split inside and white insulation is coming out when you tap on it. The split is 3" long in the "T" then goes through the seam and about 5" long in the first pipe so 8" long all together. The camera he stuck up the pipe to check it was preaty cool. He was very thorough so I think i'm going to use him for now on. He also said it looks like it was there for a year or two, all the rest looked great. He was going to do some checkin into it for me but he was real busy and didn't know how long it would take. Its a heart and cooley model (TD) type (HT) 7" Class A pipe. If anyone has heard of them or know where to get replacement parts PLEASE let me know cause there's now way i can replace 28' of insulated pipe right now. The only thing that I found is a catalog index. JD

Its under the Model TD Chimney pipe and fittings

http://www.russkiydom.com/grills.files/Gas.vent,chimney.sizing.application.guide.pdf

Found out the model was discontinued 2 years ago and all remaining stock was sold last fall to a company with 5 stores from IL to PA. All i could find out is its a big well known company, the lady could not tell me who it was, anyone from them areas know who the company could be or give names of big companies i could check with. After buying our new BK i dont have the money to replace it all, we don't have any other type of heat so were in a big pinch. I dont care if i find new or used parts it dont matter just to get though the season. I need a heart and cooley modle TD insulated "T" part #(7tdit) and a 18" long insulated part #(7tdp18). I found the 30" piece i needed on ebay, but broke the 18" piece going to the wall taking it apart. I know with the people and resources on this sight i should be able to get some help with a direction to go in. Like i said replacing the whole chimney is not an option right now. Thanks JD

Status
Not open for further replies.