Need Help Flue cover????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnywarm

Minister of Fire
Sep 12, 2007
Connecticut
I just got my SS liner for the chimney. what do i use to replace the flu????or cover it??? is there something i can get or do i need to make it???

Thank you john

coreystaf said:
what do you mean by "replace the flue"? Could you be more specific?
+

Hi Corey

The door that you can open or close to regulate the open fire in your fireplace.I'll see if i can post a pic by tomorrow morning.

John

Do you mean the fireplace damper?

Maybe what johnny's talking about is a block-off plate? Rick

BeGreen said:
Do you mean the fireplace damper?

Yes i just thought of it while watching tv.Sorry about that.

fossil said:
Maybe what johnny's talking about is a block-off plate? Rick

Yep that's it rick.I dont have anything that will close it off. the kit did not come with it.i can have something fabricated. is that what people do.

There is also a two peice pre-fab plate available from copperfield and other suppliers. A stove shop could order one for you.

Thanks to the both of you :) i will look into ordering one and if that dont work i'll make one.

Thanks again!! John

Status
Not open for further replies.