need help for my avalon!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been observing the stove more closely the last two startups. I believe this maybe a convection fan problem.

dhungy said:
I have been observing the stove more closely the last two startups. I believe this maybe a convection fan problem.

Ok, then what I said earlier can apply:

Also if you took care of that convection blower does it allow oiling, did you oil it, and if you did what did you use?

It is possible that it needs to be oiled and that if you did oil it you only got enough oil into the bearings to last a little while. It is possible that the bearing were run dry, the recommended procedure in that case is to oil each bearing and hand turn the blower until it is running free, once it is free add two more drops to each bearing. This may or may not recover the blower as it is possible that the bearings are now shot.

What does your manual say about convection fan cleaning and oiling (remember a time span in the manual actually assumes normal use of the appliance not likely to be the same use you are making of it).

it is very important to remove both blowers and clean every year
here is some photos of one of the dirty astorias I service
7429_161100928163_61927828163_2741693_3062933_n.jpg

7429_161099178163_61927828163_2741682_5780850_n.jpg

7429_161100118163_61927828163_2741685_5917946_n.jpg

more here
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photos.php?id=61927828163

voltage pulse
a lot of pellet stove with control board and with just rheostats develop voltage pulse to the convection blower over time
this is from the circuit that controls the voltage wigs out and will pulse the voltage. sometimes it is just at one setting or the lower settings.

The repair guy came out on saturday.. of course there was no noise and hasn't been since. It seems to be running fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.