Need Help! Heres the Situation and Question...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chanlon1974

Nov 15, 2008
CT
I have a Whitfield Profile 30. Its run perfect for 3 seasons and this year has decided to act up. The stove was shutting itself down after about 15 to 30 minutes. After Weeks of going back and forth with Lennox (they have no idea what they are doing), I had finally fixed the stove on my own. I replaced the high temp switch, the photoeye, check the pressure switch. I ended up by passing each switch to see which one might be bad. Turns out the new high temp switch was bad. This is where things get interesting. I was about to unplug the stove for safety and unhook my bypass wires, I accidently touched and ground one of the wires against the stove blowing the 5 amp fuse on the control board. I replaced the fuse, but now the auger runs constantly dropping tons of pellets. I'm not sure if I damaged the control board or if I need to reset something. Lennox told me that the stove had to finish its program since it was "shutdown" in the middle of its cycle. The stove finished its cycle, but the auger is still running which it should not be. I dont want to purchase a new control board for $300 and find out thats not the issue. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this?
Thanks
Chris

Well from reading a lot of posts on run away auger, it is the control panel, sorry, the short more or less confirms it.

yeah...I figured. I just finished doing a test. I started the stove and hand fed the start up amount to get a flame going. Once the flame was going I dropped some pellets in the hopper. The control board has power, but I have no control over fan speed or heat.
Its gotta be the board. Cant believe I fried it. I guess the fuse does not really protect the board itself.

I think you are right, the fuse just prevents a fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.