need help...how to split, when to split, how to stack...etc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I scrounge around for free pallets and use these to stack my wood upon. I love DexterDay's Stack N Store constructed wood cribs. Fantastic. Also love Backwoods Savage's stacks which allow for excellent drying and without the cost of special brackets, etc.

I've found the free wood pallets to be the best thing to stack the wood upon. I utilize a four square alternating stacking method to help keep the wood falling in upon itself. I'll post some picks of what I mean when the chance arises.

Not sure of a gasifiers fuel requirements although I can give you some information I have learned over the years about fuel. In order, the best fuel you have in the list is Black locust, Ash, then cherry. They will only dry efficiently when stacked and split in single rows. They will all be adequate for indoor burning easily after one year of seasoning. Get as much of these species as you can. You can't go wrong!

You stihl only got one chainsaw
index.php

Status
Not open for further replies.