need help identifying a stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drtnshtr

Jan 26, 2008
Ohio
any help?

Attachments

• woodstove.jpg
    woodstove.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 867
If there wasn't what looks like a typical spring type handle there, I wouldn't have thought that there's a stove in that pic...
Got one with a little more lighting?

wow the pic looks much clearer than that to me....anyone else?

Pitch black with a few goldish spots to me.

Those that cannot see the stove are running their computer display properties at less than 1280 x 800 pixels.

Go to control panel then click on display then click settings to change display. ;-)

For stove identity Go to this link

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/3359/

scroll down to member Jabush

Look like your stove?

Looks good to me, but excellent id and tip Dave_1. So this would be an Atlanta Stove Works - Huntsman Model 241?

thanks for the help guys..this stove is on craigslist right now for $250 ...is this a good deal???

I don't know what make that stove is, but it is not a Huntsman. It doesn't look like anything ASW made AFAIK.

What does the inside look like? Is there a baffle?

drtnshtr said:
any help?

Attachments

• Huntsman.JPG
    Huntsman.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,263
I do not own the stove but there is one on craigslist for sale in my area...

Oops...sorry, had a few drinks last night.
The stove looks like a typical "classic" from the late 70's early 80's. Most likely thick plate steel with a cast iron door. Hard to tell how it might burn without seeing the inside. As you probably gathered from reading this board, firebox design varied greatly back then. If you can get a closer look and verify that there is some sort of baffle in the firebox, then the stove has the potential to run fairly clean with decent burn times.
As far as the price...that thing probably cost $250.00 brand new.

drtnshtr said:
I do not own the stove but there is one on craigslist for sale in my area...

Status
Not open for further replies.