Need help Identifying chimney pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

d.todd6

Oct 2, 2016
Northern Illinois
I need help identifying the chimney pipe on my house. As you can see from the pictures the previous owners or whoever installed the pipe thought it would be a good idea to cut the top of the pipe off so it was flat for the cap. Well that section of pipe is rusting out now and I would like to replace it.

It's 7" inside diameter and 11" outside. It looks like there are bands at each joint. I took the decorative plate off the ceiling inside hoping there was a manufacturer label on the inside but nothing. It is connected to 6" single wall pipe in the house going to a Regency R3 wood stove so I'm assuming it was installed in 80/90's.

Please let me know if you need more pictures or details.

Thanks,
David

Honestly by looking at it I would just replace the whole thing. It looks pretty rough and it is not the right size anyway. And at that age it is at the end of its life.

Reactions: stovelark
I agree. That pipe is tired! It would be best to just replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.