Need Help Identifying Heater for Service

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkirsh

Feb 25, 2010
Maryland/DC Metro Area
We recently moved into our house and it has this 'Gas Fired Unvented Room Heater'. It says that it is distributed by Heatec, Inc. (PO Box 4289, White River Junction, VT) and also has the name: Warnock Hersey, Model: Brookfield VF. I am having a hard time finding someone that will service it - because we can't get it to work. Attached is a photo. Any info or recommendations you have will be appreciated!

Attachments

• gas stove.jpg
    gas stove.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 806
brand is usually not that important, as they all used the same valves and pilot assemblies. most any gas svcman could fix it.
i believe you have a nova sit 820
does your pilot light? stay lit?

http://woodheatstoves.com/nova-sit-820-troubleshooting-guide-p-12157.html
here is a generic troubleshooting guide, but, vent free add ons like ods switches wont be covered...

Reactions: robertlight
Yes - there is an indication of 'Control Valve: SIT 820'. We could not get the pilot light to light.

When we contact a gas service man - the main thing they need to know is that it is a SIT 820 - is this correct? I called one company and they told me they only service Vermont Castings. Any recommendations on who to contact is appreciated. The former owner hadn't used it in over 5 years and was no help at all.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.