Need Help Identifying Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT-Mike

Minister of Fire
Mar 22, 2008
New England
Found an insert for sale fairly local to me. The seller gave me the following information:

"I believe the insert is a Pacific Energy model SAD #367 PC wood insert wind. body S/N # 498442. This is the only model information I can find on the insert."

He says it is a 2007 model if that helps.

I am asking the seller to send some digital photo's if he can to help with ID.

Thanks,

Mike

Hopefully a PE dealer will chime in soon. If he could supply you with dimensions of the inside of the firebox (L, W & D) we should be able to ID from that. Even the stove front dimensions should work (not including the surround).

Here are some more specs that he sent:

Width (At Front) 30 5/8"
Width (At Rear) 22 1/4"
Height 21"
Depth 18"

Maybe this will help ID the stove.

Thanks,

Mike

Sounds like it might be the mid-sized D1 (2 cu ft) fireplace. If so, it's roughly equivalent to the Jotul 450 you were considering. You might want to show up and see it in person asap. What's the asking price? Why selling?

Well,

Looking around on Pacific's website, the measurements appear to match the Pacific insert. If so, I think I will pass. The Pacific will only take a 18" log, and all of my wood is cut to 20". Not sure it is worth the hassle to cut all the splits in half.

Let me know what you think,

Mike

It's a great stove that will last a long time. This year may be a pain in the butt, but I'd think long term. Ultimately, you'll have to decide whether the price is right, condition of the insert is good, and whether it is appropriately sized for the house. But if this is in great condition at a good price, I think it'll be gone soon.

However, if you've been thinking of getting a bigger stove, then perhaps this is a moot point. What is the exact size of your fireplace and what is the house size per floor? (I'm wondering if you could fit a Summit in or if you need a 3 cu ft stove.)

Status
Not open for further replies.