need help identifying wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keepwyomingwarm

Sep 30, 2014
Jackson, WY
Can anyone help me identify this wood stove? I think it's called a parlor stove and is in a condo I recently purchased that was built in 1982. It says olympic on the front, has what I think are nickel plated attachments. It's dusty in this photo but seems to be in excellent condition. I am trying to figure out its worth so I can sell it. thanks so much for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 1,597
Is there anything cast into the back like a name? I am going to guess it is a Taiwan knock-off but would be happy to find out I'm wrong. Look around the stove carefully for a number or a name of the foundry.

Washington Stove Works was out of Everett, WA. They made some good product, but what is going to be important is to determine whether this is an older stove or a later, Taiwan casting. The latter example is more common. You should have it appraised by someone that knows these stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.