Need help in identifying technician/sweep through accrediting orgs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

latichever

Apr 14, 2006
Several months ago, I identified a technician who could both service my pellet stove and inspect/clean my chimney. I found him through looking for certified technicians through one of two national certifying organizations. But I'm having trouble locating those organizations so any help would be appreciated.

OK, I think I found one of the orgs. Always happens, you post a question and then you find the answer--or part of it--on your own.

It's the Chimney Safety Institute of America: csia.org for those who might need similar.

I was able to find the tech who does both chimneys and is certified on stoves too.

But isn't there another org that certifies stove techs? (I'll probably find that right after I post this.)

And it's the Hearth Patio and Barbeque Association hbpa.org

Status
Not open for further replies.